For the past week or so, I’ve been seeing chatter within the community about Google search algorithm updates. Truth is, the chatter is very limited but those who are complaining are seeing huge changes for their sites in Google search. But again, it does not seem very wide spread.
The reason I am covering it is because after about five days of hearing this chatter, it is still going on. Most of the tools show normal volatility but some are a bit off the charts. It can be that a lot of people are already taking it easy before the holidays and are not noticing the changes on their site, thus not chatting about it in the SEO communities. Or it can also mean that very few sites are impacted by whatever is going on.
Generally, Google doesn’t make huge changes to their ranking algorithms before the holidays. But that is not always the case.
In any event, here are some comments from WebmasterWorld, Black Hat World and Local Search Forums:
- There could have been another update over the weekend, possibly links based, I’ve seen a bit of chatter.
- Saw an huge drop off in conversions yesterday. Wondering whether it was the Christmas break or the lead up to more roll outs. Normal Traffic and SERPs positions.
- Something very fishy is going on now. Today we have experienced a fall in good amount of traffic.
- Me too, after 12 hours I was only at 15% of average but at this time of year this is normal for me however I wasn’t expecting it to happen until this weekend … People’s Xmas works holidays seem to be getting longer!
- I am witnessing a 15-20% drop across all my sites since Friday. Still continuing. There goes December too.
- I have also observed the same but can’t find exactly what is the update. Searched a lot on Google and found some broad core algorithm is there.
One of my clients who experienced a huge traffic drop post Medic Update (traffic drop of about 150%!) has had a big uptick in the last 2 days. More importantly, his “money maker” keywords that fell off the first page with Medic, are now back on first page, 3-5 position! We have been doing some work on the website for sure, but I am wondering whether we have just had another Google algorithm event. Anyone else seeing similar recovery for Medic victims?
So there are a nice number of complaints in the SEO forums but again, it is not at the levels of the “bigger” updates.
Here are the tools and what they show:
Did you notice changes over the past five days or so?
Forum discussion at Web Master World , Black Hat World and Local Search Forums.
Source – https://www.seroundtable.com/google-search-algorithm-update-chatter-26818.html